Have I already answered your question?
What do I need to get started?
Before we dive into creating your website, we need to have the following items in place:
- domain name registered – I recommend Siteground [affiliate link]
- hosting account that can run a WordPress-powered site – again, I recommend Siteground [affiliate link]
- a defined target audience
- an outline of your basic pages content: home page, about, contact, services and any other “top level” pages
Once those things are in place, we can move ahead!
How do I define my target market?
There are a million ways to identify your target market.
My favourite one, from Inc.com, details the process you need to work through.
The article is from 2010, but the principles remain the same!
How much will I pay for my website?
The price you’ll pay for a website depends on what you need your website to do for your clients. Remember a website is not about you!
So what do you need?
- a basic information site?
- an ecommerce site?
- a membership site?
- a one-pager site?
I will give you an estimate after we have a chat about your needs!